Monday, August 8, 2011

The Evolution of Darkstar Woman

What I'm working on now in my life, among so many other thing is trying to erase negative thinking. My negative thinking has held me back so much in my life. I've limited my potential and stopped myself from taking on new opportunities.

A lot of this negative thinking comes from my childhood. I was an impressionable child as many kids are, and I tended to believe what others told me. I no longer want to believe what those people had said. Some of them no longer exist, but I have been letting them exist in my mind, I actually have let them run (ruin) my life.

It's amazing how much I've trusted other people's opinions over my own. What was wrong with me?? I know I'm not the only one out there that has done this. Silly isn't it? We are the ones who truly know ourselves and what's best for ourselves. And what is best for me is to believe in myself. To have confidence in myself when no one else does and when people are mean, I know I need to remind myself that their meanness and their rejection has nothing to do with me, but everything to do with them!

I now know I am better then what those people from my past said I was. I know that I'm STILL a work in progress. But I also know that I'm the only one who is truly  going to take care of myself, so I better treat myself well.


Darkstar Woman.

ps- I was watching 'The View' this morning. Whoopi Goldberg, one of the hosts, was saying that she had visited with the Dalai Lama and that he had told her that to create more peace in the world we should work on building self-confidence within ourselves. If we are self-confident then we are happier people who are more willing to help others, thus creating peace.

I really liked what he had said because I believe that in our society we are really not taught to be self-confident. We are taught to be critical of ourselves and others. And I notice when people receive compliments that they tend to downgrade the compliment or not to except it all. Just to clear things up, I think that there are people out there who have great self-confidence and who are perfectly okay with accepting compliments, but I believe the majority of us struggle with self-confidence and really it is in a way sort of an epidemic in our culture.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...